Saturday, February 11, 2017

My Favorite Rifle!

Which rifle do you grab when you're headed out to the field the most often? I know you have a favorite, I also realize that over time that favorite can change. It certainly changes depending on the occasion although if you're hunting deer; do you have a go to gun?

I've always loved lever actions & have over the years migrated primarily to Marlin's. I grew up around them and in my later years have come to appreciate what "was" a great firearm manufacturer. They were made affordable where a working man could save up and buy one for hunting without getting a loan from a bank.

Back in 2009 I wanted to get back into lever actions and I had my heart set on finding a used 1998, 1st year Marlin Guide Gun in 45-70. Couldn't believe that the 1st local gun store I walked in had one. Yes it was over priced but it went home with me and I was once again hooked on the rifle that won the west - a lever action, lead spitting cannon.

If you haven't figured it out yet, this is that one rifle I grab most often for Deer or Hog hunting. Yes I have several other lever actions but I keep coming back to this one. I'll also be using this for coyote hunting next month.

This rifle like all of my Guide Guns & Outfitters is factory ported with 18 & 1/2" length barrels. They are all five shot rifles with one in the chamber and I think they feel more natural to me than the newer AR's. Mind you, I don't have anything against them, I just have my preferences.





Getting back to your go-to-gun, what do you grab? Leave a comment, I'd like to know what your pick is.

1895Gunner

No comments:

Post a Comment